L.L.Bean has their kids anorak jackets for $14.99 (Reg $29). Shipping is free. Get an extra 10% off with code LABORDAY. The pullovers fold up into a little pouch that fits great into a child’s backpack.
Hurry this offer won’t last long! Get a free year of Family Fun magazine. You will need to check no (or yes if you want it) to the next two pages of special offers to get it free. We get this magazine and love it!
L.L.Bean has their tire track print backpacks on sale for $14.99 (Reg $29.95). They have free shipping. Get an additional 10% off with code LABORDAY. L.L.Bean backpacks are known for having great quality and have a lifetime guarantee.
Expired! Outback Steakhouse has a free kids meal coupon with the purchase of an adult entree. Limit of 2 free kids meals. Expires 8/19/14.
TravelZoo has awesome deals on flights this week! They are one of my favorite travel deal websites.
I was really excited when ScoreBig.com sent me a gift card to purchase tickets on their website. I wish I had jumped on the deal right away because I would have gotten Seaworld tickets while we were in Florida. Next, I thought about getting Yankees tickets while we were visiting New Jersey but they didn’t play while we were there. I also thought about getting Texas A&M Aggie football tickets when they come to visit for a game in SC. All of the options were awesome! In the end, I decided to give some of our friends tickets to Legoland Atlanta. They home school and I thought it would make an awesome field trip for them. I thought it was neat that you can give tickets as a gift on the website as well as buy them for yourself. While a lot of ticket places make their ticket prices a lot higher than the actual value and try to rip you off, ScoreBig actually lets you get a discount on your tickets! You get to place a bid on your ticket prices. They have all major sports tickets and even Broadway shows. I had a great experience and I hope to buy tickets on their website again in the future!
I got a really cute idea one day to make matching No Sew Throw blankets for little girls and their dolls as a gift. I tried it and it came out really cute. This is an awesome gift for girls with American Girl dolls or other similar dolls.
At first I thought the fleece material was going to be very expensive but then I found a way to make them both for around $15 plus shipping. This is a major bargain because I did not have to purchase the fleece by the yard. Here is how I did it. I bought an adult size (which is a 72 inch) No Sew Throw and cut it down to make one twin size blanket and two doll side blankets. Right now you can get a great deal on these online:
- Go to Joann.com to get your materials.
- Get a 72 inch Adult No Sew Throw Blanket. You can go to Joann.com and search for “No Sew Throw 72″
- You can also purchase a 48 inch blanket and use this as a measuring tool or you can use a measuring tape to measure it to 48 inches. I wanted to make a blanket for a little boy so I bought a 48 inch blanket as well and I used this blanket to help me measure out my first few blankets.
- These blankets go on sale at different times and we will update you with the prices, so you can get the materials at the lowest cost. The highest cost is $29.99 but their is a sale right now and they are $14.99. I don’t know how long they will stay at this price. They do sell out often as well.
- Find the material that you like. I like the blankets with pink in them but there are some really cute ones that are not pink as well.
- You will also need good fabric scissors for this project. We recommend buying some from Joann.com.
- Shipping is around $5.99.
My favorite fabric scissors are shown below in my cart but you can buy a pair on sale if you would like. Fiskars is a good brand also.
You will need to wait a few days for your materials to arrive.
When your materials arrive, you can pull them out to measure and cut. You will need to cut out the daughter blanket and the doll blanket. This set will actually make 2 matching doll blankets.
- You can make the blankets two ways. You can make the daughter blanket the same size as the 48 in Throw. This is a good size for a girl. This will make your doll blankets wider in their width.
- If you want it to fit a twin bed, you can make the daughter blanket longer so that it can fit on a bed. This will give you long and skinny doll blankets. I have this blanket pictured above. Both types of doll blankets work out great.
- When you cut out your No Sew Throw cuts, make your lines close together. We noticed that smaller strips made cuts that tied better.
- Here are step by step videos to help you make the blankets.
Here is a cool deal! Save On a Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket at Expedia! – Expires 6/13/14.